happyweasel

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Nashville & Pretenders

Nashville
I am somewhat ashamed, it took me 3 seesions to finish watching this movie... finally made it through the enirity of it's 2.5hours. For much of the movie i questioned if it was worth watching. Just felt kinda pointless, but the last 15minutes squelched that.
So who likes Jim Jarmusch? Born and raised in Akron, Ohio. The same Akron that brought us DEVO & Crissie Hynde of The Pretenders.
"My City Was Gone"
du du duda du daaa, went back to ohio...
I'm from a rural township, Chatham, that is outside the last suburb of Cleveland. 45minutes to Cleveland/ 45 to Akron/ 90 to Columbus/ 180minutes to Detroit/ something like 240 to Chicago. I live in Seattle, but am an Ohioan for life.
I assume you know Ohio is the heart of it all.
I was confused about that growing up, someone had told me that our state was in fact the "armpit" of America. Upon closer examination with adult eyes, by applying biological parallels to the geography of the contigous US, it becomes clear that Ohio is actually in the region of the aorta, "the main vein (artery)" for nearly 50% of Ohioans.
So where are you from? Is your city still there?
Has it been chewed up by strip malls and corporate chains?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home