happyweasel

Friday, August 06, 2004

Dylan in the Furnaces

My like for the Fiery Furnaces continues to grow:
From: June 04, Pitchfork, Fiery Furnaces Interview:
"Pitchfork: Do you have any ideas for the next one?
Matt: Yeah, we're going to make two records. We're going to have one with our grandmother and Eleanor singing duets about the hopes that Eleanor has as a young person, and then my grandmother will tell her the failures and cruel blows fate delivered. They'll be the same person in the song-- sort of an "after time passes" kind of a thing. The other will be a rollicking record with long verses. Eleanor and I, for the last year, we've listened to a lot of Bob Dylan. Wouldn't you say, Eleanor?
Eleanor: That's pretty much all I've listened to. I wish we could make an album [like] Another Side of Bob Dylan where the songs would be so good that we could do it in about a day-and-a-half. I think it could be great, where it's just guitar-- that would be our most popular one.
Matt: Well, we can't do that until we get dropped. When you have somebody who'll give you money for a record, you can't... I mean, when it's just you, and you have to go over to a friend's house [to record], and you have $600 to spend, you have to wait to make something interesting. That's the record that you make then.
Eleanor: But then we could just take all the money...
Matt: You can't take all the money!
Eleanor: I'm just kidding."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home