happyweasel

Tuesday, May 31, 2005


On Saturday I did my swim in the Puget Sound for the month of May. The swim was not painful like in April. The water was only 53degs but the day was hot. This time I swam north of the main beach area of West Seattle. This little unassuming section is my favorite spot to swim the Sound in Seattle. Can one man actually swim at least once a month in the Puget Sound for an entire year? Yes, one man could do such a thing... I mean look at me, I'm trying for it... 2 months down, only 10 more to go.
Took that bike-a mine out too. Miles and miles and miles. From Capital Hill, up around the top o Lake washinGton, well past Kenmore and Woodinville, along the Sammanish River, and then back... just plain turning around. I ate a delicious barbqued pork sandwich and a cup a beans, a little bit spicy. Racing back to Seattle deep cramps came on, like swimmers cramps or something. Guess your supposed to wait a few minutes between barbque and biking. The cramps turned straight from severe to gas, but it didn't matter as I was pedelling along the Burke Gilman Trail.

2 Comments:

At 6/01/2005 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmmmm, seems to me like you are 2/3 of the way to training for a triathlon......

 
At 6/02/2005 9:55 AM, Blogger happyweasel said...

well, my 3rd event is olympic swing jumping. i'm unbeatable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home