happyweasel

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Badminton Revolution

Alright
It is now time to play badminton again. Oh yes, you played it in the back yard and at the campground one site removed from the squirrel hunting, mullet headed, coyote wailing, horse faces next door. Ya, badminton. Last weekend while on an epic walk, I discovered a fountain to run in and a place to play badminton on Tuesday and Friday nights. Now I ain't any kinda bar hopper or party animal. I generally have next to no interest in those activities because my nerves get the best of me. Small talk is not my game, it bores me and I make it boring for those I am involved in it with. I do really like beer, IPA, Porter, Stout, Papst, Budweiser, or King Cobra... only thing is, I can't drink a 40, my stomach isn't large enough; give me 2 drinks and a rope to swing on. Many of my usual Friday nights are jumbled jags of thrift stores, movies, marijuana, midnight walks, and homemade sourdough pizzas. I see an hour or more of badminton naturally fitting into that equation. To me, people are much more unique outside of both work and bars. While there will likely be fewer cute ladies playing badminton than in the ol' hipster bar down the street, none will become twisted ass ugly by 11pm.
Badminton at Miller Community Center