happyweasel

Friday, September 17, 2004

Capes

Who knew?. Ok, so that link isn't for capes, but I've nevertheless been seeing them... 2 today, periodically others. I guess it is the goth sorts wearing most of the capes nowadays. In my search to find a cape on the internet, I found that gothic folks are often lumped in with Renaissance folks. Are they of the same ilk? Maybe they balance eachother out. I wonder if there has ever been a fight between a Goth girl wearing a cape and a Renaissance guy in full regalia. Of course if I witnessed one I'd try and stop it, but if I couldn't I'd take a photo. Damn, I never have my camera with me so I'd probably miss getting a picture... I'd have to retell the story to people. No one would believe me.

1 Comments:

At 9/21/2004 5:19 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Capes are great. At one point in my life, I made custom capes/cloaks to sell on ebay. (Well, until I got pushed out of the market by the wholesalers.) I've been considering getting back into the making of them again.

I like them because it almost makes me feel a bit elegant when I'm walking down the street. Although I can't say I've worn them much in public. One thing I don't like about them is the amount of fabric you have to fight just to get into a car. Of course, in full RenFaire getup, you have (well, girls have) skirts, etc., to fight with as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home