happyweasel

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Movies Go Round

1. Kill Bill vol 2 $8
I really thought I wouldn't like the Kill Bill movies, but I did. I was prepared for a barrage of violence. It came in the form of a massive number of people being killed in a variety of creative and methodical ways. Most by the hand of our hero, Black Mamba. There is quite a lot of violence, but it's tolerable. By far the opening of the first movie is the most disturbing scene.

2. The Bicycle Thief $9
I've this a few times. It's truely tragic but absolute magic.

3. The Assassination of Richard Nixon $6-7
ok, if you are on the brink of doing yourself in, I'd suggest avoiding this movie. Not entirely uplifting, er, it crushes your faith in everything. I still did kinda like it. Sean Penn's new movie [anyone else think Mystic River was a predictable, over dramatized, pile-o-crap?], saw it as a free preview. Sean Penn really can be an incredible actor. Woody Allen and Pennster merged in Sweet & Lowdown, one of my favorites.

4. The Day After Tomorrow $3
This isn't high art, but it isn't intended to be. I thought it wildly entertaining, though... I've heard more than one dissenting opinion. The drama behind the climate change action is silly, almost lampoonish. The acting really is terrible, bad enough to the level where it just may be a straight faced joke. Someone Kathy works with owns the dvd and lent it to her. I definitely enjoyed it.

5. Gandhi $9
As it turns out, I've seen this before. I watched this a few days after "The Assasination of Richard Nixon". Cleaned my brain. Gandhi was at the pinnicle of human existance. Clearly on par with Jesus. Highly recommend this film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home