happyweasel

Friday, February 11, 2005

The Clean Pedestrian

I walked to and from work for a full month!
Ending yesterday, 1.8miles each way, without the aid of any sort of vehicle.
I'm now fully convinced that the thought of walking is much more tiring than the actual walking itself. For the second time in my life, I was somehow enabled to slowly walk through a hoard of landed pigeons... I celibrated MLK Day by taking a 4hr epic walk and eating a surprisingly good Philly cheesesteak on Madison St... not as tastey as those Ando brought me to in the origin city but tastey enough nonetheless plus the dining scene was from a movie I'm sure I've seen before.
Overall, walking to work has definitely been a lifestyle improvement. Yes, I've had some problems. I put the blame entirely on my mother's shoulders, sorry. I seem to be permanently 10minutes late, my mom was usually 15 or 20. Oh well, it doesn't create any kinda stir. Anyway I'll work or linger late; I'm also known to make the illustriuos 5pm cupocoffee.
Round about I am saying that I will continue to be consistant with walking. This is not to say my scooter will never see the financial district again. I rode it today and it was great. My feet will be my primary commuter vehicle. I am fast and efficient, gliding much of the way. Walking can only benifet my health... plus it calms my mind!
Bocce
The courts are close to my work distancewise, far by measure of altitude. Downhill there, and up back. Recently have incorporated the payckeck payer provided handtruck. While it's not easy rolling a weight up the hill, it sure as hell beats puttin' them Bocce Balls on my back. The buggers are heavy. 40lbs... 50... 60... a million pounds, the things are mighty heavy on that 3rd block of steep incline.
Also: I bought shoes for bocce. Lowtop Adidias throwback sportabouts. Originally $65, on sale for $49 but the only pair they had in my trusty 9.5 was 1/2 of the stores demo. I asked him if I could get a discount and he marked 10bucks off.
New personal vow:
I will take at least one shower a day for a month.
Probably not since some point in highschool have I been in the habit of daily showers. Usually it's every other day... infrequently it embarassingly gets pushed back to three days. So there are all sorts of people out there that find not getting a daily shower as too much to fathom. They say all sorts of things like, "how can you wake up?" "your girlfriend let's you?" "what are you? One-a them goddamn hippies"
So if showering everyday is so spectacular, I think I can find out why in a months time. Wish me luck.
*good luck, I know you can do it. we're all proud of what you're trying to accomplish*
See, the remarks contained in the previous astericks are a comment. A comment similar to one you could, in fact, write if you'd write one

1 Comments:

At 2/11/2005 11:30 AM, Blogger happyweasel said...

frankly, i prefer to be known as just a plain ol' asshole bastard.
**side note**
i think people ought to consider listening to the velvet underground again... wow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home