happyweasel

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I'll Be Working To Walk

These feet of mine take me where I need to go

ok, so after walking around NYC[Which, by the way, is great, really great. Going to move there. One major flaw, the coffee world is saddly quite poor. The city is great, the coffee is not (for what i could tell)] I've become reenergized to the walking way of life. Here's the big news, folks. I've taken pledge with myself to walk everyday to work, back and forth. No scooter, no walking to the free buses downtown. January 10th thru February 9th will be marked by this reasonable triumph of will. It is 1.8miles each way.
Ghandi on his time as a law student in London: "The new arrangement combined walks and economy as it meant a saving of fare and gave me walks of 8 or 10miles a day. It was mainly this habit of taking long walks that kept me practically free from illness throughout my stay in England and gave me a fairly strong body."
Ghandi was a wussily sortta guy and was able to walk, on a short day, 8 miles; surely I can do less than half that.
The walk takes 25minutes if I'm hawlin' ass. I'm late by nature, my mother bred it in me. It took 7minutes on my scooter + a cigarette and yet I managed to be at least 5minutes late everyday. Been only 5minutes late both days this week while walking. Plus it's different now... I walk in huffin'. Feels good. At the end of this month I'll reevaluate this method of travel.
How 'bout this for a theory? Pledges to oneself must be honored if that person wants to be an honorable person. Hmm, maybe. I'll do my best with this one.

1 Comments:

At 1/14/2005 1:05 PM, Blogger happyweasel said...

yes, just visiting the nyc... will live there... i promise everyone that. just a matter of when and under what circumstances.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home