happyweasel

Monday, December 20, 2004


Painting by friend that i'm glad to own... what do you think?
*I don't own the friend, simply the painting. Purchasing a person is a poor investment from all the angles that I am privy to.
*But I do like the picture. It reminds me of that moment when I first lay eyes on my mom's house in Ohio after being away for a long, trying stretch. That moment is full of calm and relief but hardly based on true reality (that don't matter none though). Everything is perfect in that moment; I've been there, around, ate this and that, talked to them and they, been pissed, giddy, scared or high, and now I'm finally back. Back to everything that is safe & peaceful. Those 30seconds are among the best a person can live

1 Comments:

At 1/05/2005 7:03 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

It's very surreal. And yes, I can see the calm, but it also has an underlying sense of chaos, which I like.

An art critic I will never be, but it's a nice painting. I would like it too, and it's especially nice that it was painted by a friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home