happyweasel

Monday, December 06, 2004

Back Off, I'm Even

ok, I'll have been trading in the stock market for 1.5years exactly at the end of this year. My first trade was in a shitty little company, RAY, on July 1st 2003, think I made about 35bucks on it or something... it went downhill from there(not quite but close). By the end on the year, only 6months, I was down almost 48%. Can you believe that? insane. Well, today the market closed with me in the black for the first time since my first month trading. Touched even on Friday, but closed below. Translates to about a 105% gain so far this year (have a tiny cushion right now). As everyone knows, nothing counts unless it is cash. Take it for what it's worth, nearly nothing.
Two Things:
1. I'm not bragging, just surprisingly happy... should I get drunk?
2. Please don't misconstrue this information as confirmation of my great trading skill; I am merely a rogue trader in-training, stress in-training. Hell, I can't spell... or even think in moderately complete sentences.

2 Comments:

At 12/08/2004 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I say get really drunk and THEN make some more trades!

 
At 12/09/2004 8:11 AM, Blogger happyweasel said...

i'm at least taking the rest of the week offa trading... could be rest till january, but nothing is set in stone except that i can't hold a position between 12/25 and 1/3.
generally, i try not to trade unless i'm good and liquored up.
saddly, i haven't indulged in a celibatory drunk yet. i have a 20oz IPA in the fridge begging for my attention, but i firmly say, "no, not now. soon, so relax mr. cold bottle"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home