happyweasel

Saturday, December 11, 2004

The United States of Whatever

Here's my new friend. Until last Thursday, the idea of me wearing a leather jacket made me chuckle; upon buying it, I've taken to it quite well. For those of you like me with no leather expirience, leather requires some degree of maintaince. I bought a leather cleaner/ conditioner from Wilson Leather in the mall (broke my mall boycott to tend to my 6lb jacket). Wasn't fully impressed with it's results and was contemplating what the next step would be when an attorney brought in some fancy leather lotion for me yesterday. So being the diligent employee that I am, I proceeded to use at least an hour on the clock to apply, as per instructions, 3 light coats. The texture, flexibility, and color have all improved markedly. Never would have believed it 6months ago, but damn, I look good in a black leather jacket. Even still, I think it is a bit humurous, riding a scooter with leather... safer, but certainly funny. Haven't fully gotten over the shock of the quality and condition of this jacket, coming from the thrift store and all.

Both keys and cigarettes fit into this arm pocket very nicely.

Schott Brothers, an American Classic since 1913
[Intermediate, that describes me pretty well]

1 Comments:

At 12/14/2004 6:17 PM, Blogger serabears said...

leather jackets are oh so hot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home