happyweasel

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Heard of Each Other's Things and Such

Last weekend I saw a gem of a movie...

Me and You and Everyone We Know

Kinda forgot about it for several days but a scene leaked into my brain and then another and a couple more
Been giggling inside for the past 10minutes
Just looked it up
The woman who stars in it, Miranda July (even a cool name... although I just discovered she changed her last name from Grossinger...hmm), both WroTe and dIreCted it.
*Watch* the Trailer
*Go* to the Official Webpage

She's also written a couple other movies I hadn't previously heard of... for what it may be worth, the titles intrigue me:
Are You The Favorite Person Of Anybody?
The Center Of The World
It's ok to like titles, that's what I havta say
Jonathan Richman has a song called "I Eat With Gusto, Damn! You Bet"
I really like that title.



*Believe it or not, but some people hated the movie Amelie. If you hated Amelie, don't bother seeing this movie... you're a weird and cold-hearted person.

3 Comments:

At 7/15/2005 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Amelie. Loved it.
Have you seen that recent movie with the Amelie actress in it? It's about WWI. I can't remember the title. It's amazing.

 
At 7/15/2005 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

-MJM

 
At 7/15/2005 11:09 AM, Blogger happyweasel said...

well, I haven't seen either "A Very Long Engagement" or "March Of The Penguins" (kinda of funny you'd associate the penguin movie with amelie or everyone)... I first saw Amelie by myself at a theater in Monterey, CA... at the time, the movie was one-a my few friends. Since then I've seen 2 other movies with Audrey Tautou (Amelie) that were quite good. One happy, one harsh. "Happenstance" & "Dirty Pretty Things". I need a new dvd player... tragically mine has trouble with Criterion (some of the best movies are released on criterion). Every goddamn thing costs money. Bumped up my computers ram, then added supergiganic media only hardrive, now need dvd writer, mp3 player of some variety, both new dvd & vcr players, new speakers for stereo, fenders for my bike, bearings for my car, and plane tickets to both San Diego & Cincinnati... jesus, i'ma materialistic pile of crap. oh, i also want a gold ring for each of my fingers and a tattooo of a zebra in the middle of my back... and i guess while we're at it, maybe it'd be nice if i could bench press my weight with my penis. i don't know, just a thought.
MJM, do you own Monopoly? Over New Years I played tourniment ruled Monopoly for the first time and it was a ton-a fun. I salvaged a great Monopoly game if you want it. Complete. People are idiots sometimes...god knows I am.
So have you listened to any of the Zugcasts at www.zug.com ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home