happyweasel

Monday, June 27, 2005

Ashamed To Be Straight

That's what I learned this weekend. Pasties, girly-guys, and the revvving DyKeS on BiKeS. I can't even fit in with the outcasts. But that's alright, I'm walking, pedeling, and scooting my own way, too. Finally saw the Soundgarden (just north of Magnuson Park), it was quiet or not loud enough to be heard over the generic reggae band playing the park for hippies and wealthy family sorts. They weren't at the Pride Parade celibrations. I was but was called by my bike to hit the trail and ride and drift and climb and pedel and hopefully see something that I hadn't seen before or shoulda seen before but missed or just plain suck it all in whatever it is.
I'm trying to drink grreeen tea here at work instead of the nasty brown junk that'is free an' easy. Coffee at home is an artform; at work it's only caffeine with coffeelike flavor. Has anyone ever expirienced this before, queezy stomach after green tea? Familiar feeling, as though I'd smoked a cigarette in a hyped-up, frenzied rush, and then rode the elevator up dozens of floors in about two-thirds as many seconds. Woozy, butterflied, hangover stomach for 20minutes. But it goes away, I feel glad it's gone. Makes me appeciate my nice feelings better than before they'd left. So do you get all discombobulated by green tea? Recently I also had a health scare... cholesterol, man, that shit's ready to get you. Well the doctor freaked the living hell outta me, my total came back as 283! That is a huge number. A huge, deadly number. 100pts over what it was 4years ago. They retook my blood, gave me an EKG, and pretty much prep'd me emotionally on the prespect of having a heart attack in my next decade or sooner. I then started getting all-a these phantom chest pains, and numb limbs. I mean, my right arm in the middle of the elbow ached deep deep inside. Jesus, Death's Door... I was teetering on Death's Door. I quit smoking and there I go, prepare to die. The results of the retest showed a very different picture, healthier... by degree certainly. Cholesterol/HDL = 4.1 (not bad at all); LDL/HDL = 2.8333(good enough) . I eat a lot olive oil... olive oil and garlic... get HDL "Good Cholesterol" from that business. So you see my trouble? Even a false health scare is screwed up. I'm ok but the heady consequences of my inevitable turn to poor health are clouding my brain.
I am Patti Smith obsesssed. Her 4 albums before initial retirement:
1. Horses 1975 (great & amazing & awesome) This album is an incredible explosion.
2. Radio Ethiopia 1976 (great)
3. Easter 1978 (selections are great)
4. Wave 1979 (less than half the album) More than a couple-a boring stretches here, but some great rock rippers too.
BicycleBicycleBicycleBicycleBicycleBicycleBicycleBicycleBicycleBicycleBicycle
ILikeBicycle
Zen and the art of Bicycle Repair
Faster than walking
Slower than the scooter... much more work too
But it's quiet
Still, faster, if you so desire, than you think
& Can go anywhere
I've also been listening to the 2 Shins Ablums
For a while after the movie Garden State I almost forced myself to listen to them. Who knew they're a great counterbalance to Patti Smith
And Bocce Lee won a $1000 and $10,000 entry into a World Series of Poker

Curb You Enthusiasm
episode 2
"Ted and Mary"

Directed by: David Steinberg
First aired: October 22, 2000
Synopsis: Larry and Cheryl's fun-filled double date with Ted Danson and Mary Steenburgen ends badly at the bowling alley, when Larry discovers that someone has taken off with his shoes. The next day Mary calls, and a smitten Larry agrees to go shopping with the actress and her mom at Barney's, and even buys the same jacket that Mary is wearing. Neither Ted nor Cheryl seem amused. Believing that Ted and Mary have invited them to see a Paul Simon concert Saturday night, Larry and Cheryl are chagrined when their new friends never call, ruining their night. Larry thinks it's because he gagged after drinking Mary's mother's water by mistake. Meanwhile, Larry retrieves his shoes from the schmuck who pinched them, but gets into a fight with the shoe salesman who ordered him a new pair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home