happyweasel

Thursday, June 09, 2005

30 Second Sound Clips

"I'm Leaving You" by The Fiery Furnaces, recorded for a Junior Kimbrough tribute album
"I'm A Little Dinosaur" by Jonathon Richman... For the people that are away
"Astral Plane" by The Modern Lovers (Mr. Richman)
"It's Bad You Know" RL Burnside... recorded with his grandson, the mixer typa dude
"Skinny Woman" More uva standard RL Burnside... blues that rock and tear...
"Can't Wait" Bob Dylan 1997
"Cry Awhile" Bob Dylan 1997
"High Water" Bob Dylan 4/17/05 ... ok, i lied, this is a full performance
"Shooting Star" Bob Dylan 80's, Oh Mercy... i know it's boring, but i like it
"Head Held High" Velvet Underground
"Cool It Down"
"Train Comin' Round The Bend"
"Bluebird" Howlin' Wolf, no vocals but harmonica, pretty neat
"Howlin' Wolf Talks" this is kinda interesting
"I Asked Her For Water"
"Dog Paddle" Modest Mouse 1996... This is a song version of what an asthma attack feels like to me... also Modest Mouse's latest 2 albums just don't have the magic that 1st 2 studio albums did. The latest one is pretty good, but...
"Asthma Attack" Fiery Furnaces 2003, oddly enough, this song doesn't feel at all like an asthma attack to me. If you have asthma, your cool to me, ok?
"Ingrid Bergman"Billy Bragg and Wilco perform songs written but never recorded by Woody Guthrie. 2 Albums, Mermaid Ave Vol. I & II... amazing. This song makes me blush somewhat.
"Blood of The Lamb"
"Stop Breaking Down" Performed by The White Stripes, written by Robert Johnson... The White Stripes have covered some really good old blues songs... even Bob Dylan... Kazaa helped me track down a buncha stuff that rivals what's on record... Have you heard the new one? Only 2 songs from it for me, soon enough
"Love In Vain" Performed by The Rolling Stones, written by Robert Johnson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home