happyweasel

Sunday, January 29, 2006

I'm Capable enough, sure, but this is What i've done


My 10th&January swim happened in more than typical Seattle style. Cold, rain, and drear. What made it more were the midwestern sized wallops for raindrops. All I can say is I just didn't wanna do the stupid, goddamn swim, for the umpteenth time already. Too much or too little on my brain; maybe I even had something to do, but I didn't. Earlier I'd shot some pool by myself and couldn't really catch another movie as I'd already seen a couple... one for Friday and another for Saturday.
Preparing for the swim was an anxiety heavy process for me. Collection of wares, put on swim trunks under jeans, driving over, changing, getting in, swimming, getting out, cursing, drying and walking back, the back seat and those wonderful warm clothes + longjohns, smoking and smiling, leaving as a champion. Once the water came into view, my heart started pounding, my jokes became starkly less pee-cee. Robe, towel & swim shoes all in place, like a gothic Rocky with anemic enthusiasm I left the car for the water. On our way we passed rough ones. But I wouldn't be phased, er, I wasn't able as the adreneline in my blood was in such concentrations that my vision was fish eyed, my stomach hungry, and my attention pointed only at my curled fingers. The camera-woman was ready so I tore off the robe, yelled a noise and plunged in. No seaweed, thank god.

April September
May October
June November
July December
August

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home