happyweasel

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

The Fiery Furnaces

Holy cow! Kathy and I just saw them at The Crocodile Cafe. They are getting better and better. Wow. Sure I recommend some movies, but I do only 1 concert, The Fiery Furnaces. "46minutes, jumbled up, no breaks" From what I've seen and heard, they are just miles more interesting than any other band. So much rocknroll blasts you out of your head, they play controlled, somewhat loud & rolling music like no one else. I don't think anyone that I've tried to influence into seeing The Fiery Furnaces have actually seen The Fiery Furnaces. I just don't get it, really is frustrating. $10... a tiny bit more than a full price movie, nothing. I've seen them play 3times, each time the shows have been different in essence; each time easily better than the last. Given any remote chance, I won't miss them. No chance. Absolutely.
**They played live instudio at KEXP today, Listen... first however many minutes, 4 songs

1 Comments:

At 10/13/2004 4:53 PM, Blogger happyweasel said...

man, i was gonna tell you when they played d.c., sept 24th. of course i emailed someone else in d.c. and he didn't go... sorry. 1 person in portland, ore ... 2 in san fran... told all about shows between now and friday. how many of the 3 do you think will see the show? my guess is 1, tonight in portland. there is one wrinkle, she recently sprained her ankle... or so she says :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home