happyweasel

Friday, July 23, 2004

My First Car


1979 Mercury Cougar XR7
Circa 1993

Complete with missing hubcap and dingleballs
Can't see here, but in this car I came to the conclusion that fuzzy dice were both very cool and essential in any driving expirience.
I tried to name it "Garbanza", feminine side of garbonzo bean, but it wasn't natural... the name was forced so it didn't stick
I'm sporting an Ohio Bowl cut, and my older sister is proudly displaying the Ohio Perm. I make no appologises for the style or being so delectably shirtless.
I bought this car for $300, talked down from $400... Well, not really. The guy wouldn't take 300, I said I'd be back in a month if it didn't sell, it didn't. I came back and he took my money.
With this car I learned the delicate technique of "Econo Drive". 1. Extremely slow acceleration for the sake of better gas mileage 2. Using the brakes as little as possible, for the sake of better gas mileage. Damn would I hit train tracks fast with this baby.
Sometime after this and sitting for 1.5 years, I sold it for $100 to some people at college who were in desperate need of another vehicle for a round trip to Maine. Yes, this horse made it.
This guy liked his Cougar
Stay tuned for more of the shitty but lovable cars I've owned in my life...
1. My First Vehicle
2. My Second Vehicle*
3. My Third Vehicle

2 Comments:

At 8/03/2004 2:03 PM, Blogger cupcake said...

My first car was a Buick Somerset. It had a hole where the glove compartment should have been. In that hole was a wire with a light bulb attached to it. The passenger side door had no lock and the trunk let in ample amounts of water during even light storms. But god it was a beauty, i patched up her body with political stickers to support my then pseudo hippie feminist lifestyle.

 
At 9/28/2004 2:50 PM, Blogger Livinia Redlips said...

Lov'n the hair.
Yer funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home