happyweasel

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Badminton Hysteria

Badminton finally happened!
Damn... 18 to 20 people showed up
Mostly techno geeks and Indians, no pretense whatsoever
As you may or may not know, I am socially handicapped.  I often say the wrong things and frequently act the wrong way.  The badminton folk were a welcome change and very friendly in spite of slight visible disappointment when I answered the question, "So are you in software?" with a "No."
Apparently this was a particularly well attended session, only doubles action was played on the 3 courts.  Still, it proved to be great exercise although singles enduces twice the exaustion and a million tiny fissures of sweat perfect for watering the shrubbery that line the front of any apt building. 
This makes 2 days in a row of extreme physical activity; you would not believe how sore my entire body is.  Each step produces a sensation that simulates what I imagine it would feel like to have a dog gnaw on my calf.
I am gonna walk downtown now and buy a book with a gift card.  If you are a woman with oiled hands and see a skinny guy walking with a stiff, looping coordination,  please massage him.  He is in pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home