happyweasel

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Movies I Saw Last Week

1. Election: as it turned out, I'd already seen this one... enjoyed it but forgetable
2. Mean Girls: $3 theater, looked stupid but had gotten some good reviews... I must admit that this movie was well done and very funny. The crowd really got into it and was laughing like hell
3. Eternal Sunshine Of A Spotless Mind: I feel some shame in admitting that I'm glad I saw this movie. Historically Jim Carrey has bugged the crap out of me. His cartoonish humor is just not funny to me, but this is no comedy though you'll likely laugh in places throughout. In spite of some unneeded sappiness, the movie more than survives as quality entertainment.
4. Masked and Anonymous: again... ok, I've probably seen this movie more times than is healthy. I put it on so someone who hadn't seen it could. Co-written by Bob Dylan and Larry Charles, directitorial debut for Larry Charles. Highly Highly Highly recomend this film. I give caution, though, don't watch it with any sort of expectations... more specifically, expectations of plot or movie structure. The closest description would be akin to a cinimatic version of Bob Dylan's song, Desolation Row. Watch it, it won't be like anything you've ever seen. A lot of people don't like it. That's fine. A lot of people think it is a bad movie. They are rock solid wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home