happyweasel

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Ikiru

I saw a perfect movie last night, Ikiru by Akira Kurosawa. Over the past several months I have seen Rashomon, Seven Samurai, Yojimbo, and Sanjuro, all of which are extremely good, but Ikiru instantly became my favorite... even though I can't be more specific, easily one my top 10movies; can't see why it wouldn't even be part of the top 5. For what it's worth, it is the only one of the batch that didn't have any otherworldly, kung fu fight scenes.

** Oh and I've seen Throne of Blood. I enjoyed this one as well. Kurosawa's movies should be watched

2 Comments:

At 8/12/2004 11:41 AM, Blogger happyweasel said...

you've mentioned the final scene of sanjuro like 15times or something...didn't think i remembered it, then it may have come back in a flash. was it the 2 opposing armies, one inside the fort, the other sieging outside... there is a mutany and he is plugged with a 1000 arrows... no, shit, which one is that from? there was the soothesayer... remind me of the sanjuro finale, for the life of me i can't put my finger on it... it isn't even on the tip of my tongue. thanks for the book, thouroughly enjoying it, can hardly put it down.

 
At 8/12/2004 11:56 AM, Blogger happyweasel said...

oh, Ikiru was not quite perfect. The girl's laugh drove me crazy, at first thought she was crying; later it made me weep 'cause the sound was so harsh. Thankfully she wasn't as happy as the movie progressed :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home