happyweasel

Friday, October 15, 2004

Frontline PBS

Frontline: The Choice 2004 | PBS
View Episode (web site then view)
I saw and taped Fronline last night. It is an extremely even handed presentation on the adult(18+) bios of both Kerry and Bush. 10minutes one guy, 10minutes the other, 10mins, 10mins... all within some historical context. Stock footage and interviews with friends, family, coworkers, "knowledgeable" sources. This is a completely nonjudgemental program, it strives to be the 3rd person objective. This program made me think that maybe Bush is not AS disingenuous as I'd previously concluded. The flip side of that, they show Kerry's development, something to behold. The more I learn about Kerry, the greater my respect for him becomes.
According to the website, the full 2hour (yes, 2 HOURS) Frontline program is available online for viewing. Last night was the 2nd time it was broadcast; on November 1st, day before the election, it will be shown for a 3rd time.
I highly recommend seeing this episode. The final debate didn't mean much to me outside of the rehashing Bush's anti-abortion and Kerry's pro-choice stances... oh, and same sex marriage/ civil unions. I am disgusted in the majority of Americans suupporting the denial of this right (and the rights that come with marriage) for homosexuals (a pure human rights issue). You won't have to marry them in your churches, people. Kerry's stance is let the states decide individually. Bush's is ban them through a constitutional ammendment. My position is ammend the Federal Constitution to gaurantee them that right across the entire country.

Outside of all that, check out the program. It was informative to me. If character is a factor in your decision, an effective way to illistrate someone's character can outlining the life they've lived.
**sorry, I'm trying to refrain from expressing my political opinions... but give this show a chance.
Frontline: The Choice 2004 | PBS
View Episode (website then view)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home