happyweasel

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Mr. Physics & Writer Wedding

8 days after defending his doctoral thesis, Woody & Rachel married. In 2 weeks they move to France. I had a one day work week last week to spend some time with the both of them. More people arrived on Wednesday and later. Matt revealed his responsibility for a fetus inside his girlfriend, Debora's uterus. Note to self, do not rely upon biorythms as primary birth control.
Now I've been to a handfull of weddings in my life, generally enjoying myself during these occassions but this wedding gave me a giant glow of happiness. I need not explain how much Woody means to me, but I hope Rachel knows she's very special to me as well. In spite of my antisocial tendencies over the past few years, I am extremely fortunate to know so many quality people. As usual, it would have been nice to see Mike and Andy... I brought up both of you.
Like it or not, there will be a couple of wedding stories soon.
In honor of marriage (and as a result of not having a digital camera) here is a picture of my mother from 1989...well before being smited twice by marriage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home