happyweasel

Monday, October 25, 2004

Vernon God Little

I just finished a great book, Vernon God Little. After the book, the first review, "Holen He Ain't", on Amazon wrote enough for my reaction that I didn't feel the need to read further. I don't get my hands on too much modern fiction, not much to compare it with, but this book has given me an afterglow. Right off I was a bit baffled by the ending. Even still, after finishing I had my wits around me enough to know that I couldn't slouch in returning Kill Bill vol 1 to the video store before I got sleepy, double late fees would be on the horizon. Combine that with Diner, Boiler Room, & The Mask of Zorro each accruing .15 fines each day since the 23rd, an I had adequate motivation to stir sigularity of purpose, get moving and return shit. About a 20minute loop to the library, video store, and back. While walking, the obvious hit me and I saw the ending in a different way. Damn good book. Thanks ando, I'll return it in person sometime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home